Monday 1 October 2012

The 1 hour diet! Mish fit or not?


Source image

Today is the first day of my slimming down series. I might be shooting myself in the foot by sharing my intention to shake off the winter warming weight, so I am loading the gun with this post. Hopefully writing about mission will keep me motivated and inspire those of you who need inspiration as well.

Not too long ago, I was feeling down in the dumps over certain things that were not going the way I had hoped. A good friend and colleague of mine came to my rescue with sweet tea, a tissue and a piece of life changing advice. She said when things get so tough you feel like you can't catch your breath, stop, regroup and literally take it an hour at a time. This is so simple and yet so profound. I took it in and decided to start applying this wisdom.

This brings me to the one hour diet! Dieting is such a daunting task for me and this is the why I have come up with one-hour-diet tips! Hopefully you will find it as useful as I have. It is more of a mental cheat.


The One Hour Diet

Rise and shine
When you wake up in the morning, eat within the first hour. This kick starts your metabolism and you will not over eat because you will take in what you require.

Quench your thirst
Drink a glass of water every hour, this way you will have reached your quota of water by the time you head home after work. Tip: Start your morning with hot water and lemon to rev the metabolism!

Snack attack
When you crave chocolate or something crammed with kilojoules, delay your snack by an hour. Chances are your craving has left the building and if the craving persists, opt for a healthier alternative!

Come dine with us
Switch your television off and eat with friends or family. Take an hour to eat your food. The slower you eat, the better because your body will have enough time to let your brain know that you are satiated.


No pain, no gain!
Exercise for an hour, at least 2 to 3 days a week for an effective work out! Do not go over this time, especially when you are starting out. I am doing the Kim K Fit in your Jeans by Friday workout and it is really gruelling but I love it.

Try these easy little adjustments and see what happens! Don’t take my word for it, try it one hour at a time for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’m dash of photography, a pinch of book nerd, a hint of hiphop, 1 amateur chef, a generous helping of design and a health nut! Mix well and you get a Mishtery!