Wednesday 24 October 2012

Start the body love revolution! What a Mishtery!


Last week I had a bit of bad luck. My health went from bad to worse and took a further dip just for some dramatic effect. Arghh, I was so irritated because I have been dedicated to my workout sessions, just to get sick for an entire week. I am so sorry for not posting! You were in my thoughts the entire time.
I have a great short series that I am working on and it is about loving what your mamma gave you! Yes, it is about loving your body! Don’t stop now… Read on. :)

I did some research to help me to stay motivated and to keep levels of encouragement high while I work on cutting the kilos! Negative reinforcement just never works for me. So I decided to learn how to cultivate a positive body image. The better you feel about your body, the better choices you make. This applies to your body and to life in general.  It was so fascinating that I am more determined than ever to help change the way women see themselves.

 I am not the hottest and with that said, I am not the nottest BUT it is important to feel good about the body God gave me. Women are beautiful and amazing beings. We literally are the gateway to the future. In shape or not… We must love what we have and learn to appreciate that we come in all shapes and sizes... Some of us have jiggly bits, some are tight tigers and we truly have earned our stripes [quite literally in most cases]. So be bold and proud!

 Let's face it, we are not all supposed to look the same. Thank God for Kim K, Beyonce, Tyra and all the celebs who love their bodies enough to be loud about it! Not every man desires the same body type. You will be surprised to find out what men like.

It is a struggle to accept my body but I am learning to love it, so I can take better care of it! After all, it is the only one I am going to get! Do yourself a favour and find at least two things today that you like about your body and tell someone about it. Aaahh, that little boost you get is a tiny step towards finding the heart to love your body.

Image Source




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’m dash of photography, a pinch of book nerd, a hint of hiphop, 1 amateur chef, a generous helping of design and a health nut! Mix well and you get a Mishtery!