Thursday 11 October 2012

Mish Fit: 7 Things I have learnt so far


As I am sitting here, I feel energetic, confident and pretty inspired. My morning did not start out this way. It started off with a cyclist giving me the finger as I took a turn at a robot, then I braved the morning traffic to work and decided to treat myself to a breakfast at i-Cafe, which is on the ground floor of the Naspers building. I ordered a Monte Cristo Breakfast while paging through a YOU Diet magazine dated 2011 while waiting. Not paying attention to the menu, I stupidly overlooked that the breakfast I ordered consisted of a ham and mozarella french toast and carmelised onions and chips. Argh, I caved and had a few chips! Bought a gift small gift and a biggish gift bag and the gift did not fit. My mind was boggled.

I knew I could not possibly be the only one having an odd day and feeling a bit bleh (for lack of a better word). I overheard a friend of mine's frustration because her day started out weird too. Anyway,it made me think of how my week was going and here are the things I discovered. I hope you enjoy it!
  1. I have more persistence than I thought.
  2. Two is better than one. We have read this in the Bible and this is great motivation. Exercising together is a great motivator to stay commited and to push through.
  3. Warming up and cooling down is not optional! My body is not aching after I workout but, I feel like I have done a solid training session.
  4. Whenever I am done working out, I crave bread. I thought this was bad but, according to studies and Women's Health SA you carbs speeds up the recovery after a good workout.
  5. I discovered a hormone that is linked to stress and weight gain, called cortisol. The more you stress, the more of this hormone you produce. Cortisol is the hormone. So if you backslide, don't stress, just keep at it.
  6. I found that when I eat after I workout, I am less rebelious about what I eat and more accepting of fruits and veg.
  7. I discoverd the best proudly South African dark chocolate with blackberries by Chocolates by Tomes as a treat. Hmmm, truly gives Lindt a run for its money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’m dash of photography, a pinch of book nerd, a hint of hiphop, 1 amateur chef, a generous helping of design and a health nut! Mix well and you get a Mishtery!