Wednesday 12 June 2013

BodyLove: Ashleigh shares her love!

Ashleigh Davids is a confident young wordsmith, a singer, a poet, an editor and a blogger. A creative force. A free spirit. I met Ash through mutual friends and right away I loved her passion, genuine interest in people and her hair! This woman is one to follow. So watch this space. At 20 she was named Editor in chief of Live magazine...  I asked Ashleigh to write her thoughts on BodyLove, to share with you. Enjoy!



I’m at a crossroads, far away from my intended healthy eating plan or enthusiastic exercise routine, somewhere between throwing out the clothes in my cupboard I feel are unflattering and no longer wear, taking better care of my frizzy hair and continuing my path of minimal makeup and modest dress sense.

As I venture on and thrive to make better decisions concerning my health, body and lifestyle I find myself in a fix. I’ve always been aware of the various products, services, activities and practical changes alike that one could make to improve and better ones life, and furthermore, ones perception of self and level of BodyLove.

I’ve also known that these things could quickly become a crutch, a lifeline, a necessity we feel we cannot live without - an unwelcome god which we worship and idolize. I did not want that.

Truth is none of these things, however beneficial, will ever make us beautiful. We were created that way.

Coming to a full and complete sense of body love, is perhaps an eternal journey and lifetime commitment more than it is an occasion or a milestone at the end of a race.

There are many things about me I love, and other things I hope to improve - equally sure that this is as much an emotional, mental and spiritual quest as it is physical - I watchfully guard my mind, body and spirit.

BodyLove starts with a conscious choice. A conscious choice I made yesterday, one I make today, tomorrow and every other day of my life.

What do you choose?

BodyLove,
Ashleigh

Connect with Ashleigh:
Blog: http://ashleighdavids.wordpress.com/
Twitter: @AshleighDavids


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’m dash of photography, a pinch of book nerd, a hint of hiphop, 1 amateur chef, a generous helping of design and a health nut! Mix well and you get a Mishtery!