Sunday 9 June 2013

A bag of Mish-tricks saves the night!

It seems everything happens on a Friday! Have you noticed how crunch time always seem to take ownership of what should be the winding-down day of the week? Well, Friday past was no exception. I found myself sleep deprived and managing to just about stay awake mentally for the most part.

Let me tell you Tuesday to Friday has been nothing but deadlines, urgent matters and bleh... Too much of everything. So in this zombie-like, preoccupied and panicked state, I reserved my seat to attend our annual book awards ceremony and later cancelled. Long story short, I ended up attending this semi-formal event at The Commodore hotel with a pair of skinny jeans and beaded jersey. FACE PALM. I swore then and there never to be unprepared ever again! So here is what saved the day! A bag of Mish-tricks! In a flat spin I accquired the following items that would transform my look from day time to evening.



The Bag!
I swopped my work tote for this cute studded number. I chose this bag because I like the size and it sharpened my look without looking like I tried too hard. A clutch would do the trick too but I felt like bringing my own flavour. 



The Heel!
I hate high heel shoes! Yes, I know... Not very lady like but they kill my feet. If you are going to suffer, wear a shoe that wow's while you owe in your head... Guilty! I thought this number was a great choice.

The Props
I love accessories and hardly ever buy anything without acquiring at least one accessory. I figured... since I will in all likelihood have a glass of vino, I would make a statement with a nice cocktail ring. My hair was not particularly fresh and clean, so I had a nice sleek bun and to draw attention away from my not so Pantene hair... I went for a larger pair of earings. Pretty vintage flower. :)




The Makeup
One thing that a makeup artist taught me was to draw attention to either the eyes or the lips... I chose the eyes. I always have my smokey eye trio shadow, concealer, white eye pencil and a pot rouge! To quote Bobbi Brown; "Concealer is the secret of the universe..." Makeup universe that is... It covers my dark circles caused by lack of sleep, sinus and allergies. (Also known as the beating the week laid on me.) My own favourite item in my makeup bag is my white eye pencil! It makes the eyes look fresh and bright. Only lining the bottom of my eyelid does the trick. Thank goodness for pot rouge! This is revolutionary. Its lip colour and cheek colour in one! Mascara is my personal preference rather than black eye pencil and if I can recommend a product, the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lift Mascara is perfect. It strengthens and lengthens lashes! Try it!




The Conclusion
A great time was had by all and this is what I looked like! It took 10 minutes to achieve this look.

A Mish-take: I am stuffing all these transforming goodies into my studded bag of Mish-tricks and leaving it in my car's boot! Girls, you should be jumping on this band wagon and creating your own bag of Mish-tricks! If you have your own quick tricks, please comment below! Let me know!

Mishtakenly,
Mishtery


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’m dash of photography, a pinch of book nerd, a hint of hiphop, 1 amateur chef, a generous helping of design and a health nut! Mix well and you get a Mishtery!