Thursday 17 May 2012

Mish in Hot Water

Source image

Lately I have been craving a weird drink, hot water! One would think that after making the effort to boil the water, going to the cupboard and getting out my cup, that I would finish the job by opting for either coffee or tea... Not this person! I want hot water. These days I am intrigued by how much I enjoy this crazy drink. It might have something to do with my recent eating habits and that subconsciously I might be feeling guilty after a chocolate here and a croissant there? Either way, I am mildly addicted to it now.

This being such an odd drink to consume or crave, I decided to ask around and find out what the benefits of drinking hot water are and behold... Here they are! By they way, I am not alone in my new found drink of choice. There are a few hot water lovers out there, including my friend Wendy and my boyfriend's mom.

Benefits of drinking hot water: 

  • Drinking hot water purifies your body, removing unwanted toxins.
  • A hot cuppa H2O first thing in the morning before consuming anything else will help with weight loss. Adding a dash of lemon give it a nice spike! Also good for your kidneys!
  • Drinking hot water can help clear the skin. You will see the difference after about a week. Skin looks and feels smoother too.
  • For vocal artists it is a must because it helps warm up the vocal cords and it is soothing for the throat.
  • Hot water several times per day will also help your body along if you are struggling with constipation.
  • Improve your circulation throughout the body by drinking hot water reguarly. 
  • Including a cup of hot water or two or maybe even more will delay hunger. 

I would like to end by saying the body does crave what it needs, so listen! Don't ignore that nagging monkey on your shoulder chanting 'hot water, hot water...'




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’m dash of photography, a pinch of book nerd, a hint of hiphop, 1 amateur chef, a generous helping of design and a health nut! Mix well and you get a Mishtery!