Wednesday 2 May 2012

Mish Foolish Diet

After a failed dieting attempt before going to Kakamas, I ended up making peace with my voluptuous figure. Seeing as I ran out of time to lose the weight I set as my goal, I resorted to plan B. I resolved to shrug off any negative commentary from any family members about my 'heavy' topic and guess what, it worked. My aunt lovingly made the comment that sounded like screetching nails on a glass window, "Jy lyk so mooi vet. Nee, regtig ek hou van jou voller lyfie". On the inside I was shreeking! Thankfully I somehow managed to act nonchalant and any other comments to follow about my weight, was like water off a duck's back. The less I tried to defend myself, the easier it was for everyone to accept it and move past it.

It was liberating and as time and luck would have it, everyone else got the chubs too and it was fabulous! Once I was able to let go of the fear of the chubbies, the uglies and comments, I could kick back and enjoy myself as much as a perfect 10, because I ended up feeling so relaxed and at ease. I ate chips... bad... I drank softdrinks... NO WATER... Epic Fail... and you would think I would be heavier because of my bad eating habits, but I also laughed, enjoyed my family time, explored Augrabies and shared memories and caught up with my friends. It was the most effective non diet ever, because I was not aware of my flawed existance for a while and surprisingly I lost one kilogram which was really great! Not much but it was a great unexpected lesson.

The most important lesson I learnt was to put all my negative thoughts about my body aside and work with what I do have or can manufacture which is confidence! I faked my confidence in my 'stunning' figure to the point where I started believing and fully convincing myself that I have that rocking body I dream of. It also didn't hurt to realise that everybody changes and every BODY changes over time.

In short, life is too short to be panicked about weight. Just do your best, to do your best. If you are not happy about your weight, change it but first change the way you think about your body. See yourself the way you want to be seen and fake your confidence if you lack it. If that doesn't work, you can always put on your sweats and watch a work out video but faking is easier! Trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’m dash of photography, a pinch of book nerd, a hint of hiphop, 1 amateur chef, a generous helping of design and a health nut! Mix well and you get a Mishtery!