Monday 21 October 2013

Got mint? Find out how Peppermint can work for you!


Image Source

Every so often I discover a herb or plant or life enhancing product that I want to share. Peppermint poked my interest this time around.
My other half and I have a favourite refreshing drink we love to share... A virgin Mojito! There is nothing like the cooling refreshing taste of crushed ice, lemon slices and that unmistakeable taste of a few sprigs of peppermint on a hot summer's day. 
Yesterday, I was watching Expresso on SABC3 and the dietician they featured made a recommendation that got me thinking. She said adding fresh peppermint leaves to water is a great way to enjoy water and that its aroma also boosts memory and concentration are promoted by the aroma of peppermint.  Now that is a great benefit!
This made me curious and I wanted to know what other fantastic benefits are locked up inside of this pretty scented leaf. This is what I found:
  • According to medical experts, peppermint is aids in soothing nausea and digestive problems.
  • Peppermint plants is great for use and growing indoors. So where concentration is required, you can replace flowers in your home or desk with a peppermint pot plant.
  • Peppermint oil soaked cotton balls will keep common critters like ants at bay. Ants hate the smell of mint. 
  • Peppermint oil mixed with a carrier oil and rubbed on your temples is a great alternative way to ease a headache or sinus congestion according to herbalists.
  • A hot steaping cup of peppermint tea before bedtime prepares the mind and body for a deep relaxing rest. This is wonderful for the sleep deprived. Feeling gassy? Have some peppermint tea, apparently its effective in relieving gas build up in the intestines.

There are so many healthy reasons why you should incorporate peppermint into your diet... I have and I am drinking my tea right now... So its not just meant for bad breath or toothpaste! Here is something to consider... The University of Kiels found that Peppermint oil depression and even apathy! Get your mint in and be happy! :)

BodyLove,
Mishtery

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’m dash of photography, a pinch of book nerd, a hint of hiphop, 1 amateur chef, a generous helping of design and a health nut! Mix well and you get a Mishtery!