Thursday 18 April 2013

BodyLove: Dove holds up a mirror

There is nothing like the combination of a cold, pre-mensies hormones and bad wardrobe choice to make me feel like The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Oh and to top it all off, bumping into my ex for the first time after years, just to put me over the edge. (I am just throwing that in there for dramatic effect because that is how I feel. It was a pleasant encounter.) So feeling like a train wreck was nothing short of what I expected for the day. Ladies, hormones are ugly little liars. They make you feel like a version of yourself that you want to strangle or hug or bite or slap and sometimes you feel these emotions all at once! Basically I felt like this... Thank goodness, I was not in an interview like poor Jess...



Point is ... Being a woman is tough! Whether you are hormonal or down on yourself or just not feeling your perky self... It is important to remember that you are beautiful. We forget! I forget and Dove found a way to hold a gentle mirror up to all women.

A friend of mine sent me this video clip and it struck a chord with me. I got the message, LOUD AND CLEAR.... I had a genuine Puppy-in-a-cup-moment but this is why!



Dove, I salute you. You have outdone yourself with this advert and you will affect women of all shapes and sizes, races, cultures... This is the best ad ever. #StandingOvasion #Bravo #Encore #iBodyLoveIt








No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’m dash of photography, a pinch of book nerd, a hint of hiphop, 1 amateur chef, a generous helping of design and a health nut! Mix well and you get a Mishtery!