Thursday 1 November 2012

Body Love: Happy distraction

image source

I switched on the radio on my way to work and had such a blissful drive. Why? Because I was singing along to tunes that tickled me happy. In that moment I forgot about the stress that awaited me at work or the traffic that was bumper to bumper. I just hummed and sang ever so falsely along to Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield.

So it got me thinking about body love... When I eventually got to work, I was still on such a high but then… Dun-dun-dun-dunnnn! I was brought back to earth by an alarming statistic I found during my research on body love... 97% of women will be cruel to their bodies today. This is horrifying! That means you will say or do something bad to your body and feel bad about yourself. This is not good at all.




This got me thinking of my feel good morning distraction. The music I was listening to was so uplifting and so invigorating that it made me happy from the inside out. So I asked some of friends to send me their favourite, get-out-of-that-rut-pick-me-up-tickle-me-better-feel-good-songs to share with you! Phew… What a mouthful.

Remember that if you feel good, it is easier to love. It is easier to be kinder. It is easier to make better choices. So with this in mind, when you start feeling down, play that pick me up song that gives you that burst of happiness. Press play and soak up that joy!

Here are a selection of songs from a few of my friends! Hopefully you will find your burst of happiness in here.

Don’t let anything or anyone steal your happiness.

This is my happy song during this week! 

A tune for everyone! Take your pick and enjoy! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I’m dash of photography, a pinch of book nerd, a hint of hiphop, 1 amateur chef, a generous helping of design and a health nut! Mix well and you get a Mishtery!